RE: Truss computer program

Take a look at the generation option in RISA

-----Original Message-----
From: Scott E Maxwell [mailto:smaxwell(--nospam--at)engin.umich.edu]
Sent: Thursday, July 13, 2000 6:26 AM
To: seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org
Subject: Truss computer program

Greetings!

Is anyone out there aware of a truss program (i.e. only does trusses)?
Obviously, trusses can be designed and analyzed in a standard structural
program like RISA or STAAD.  However, we would like a program that just
does trusses that would have pre-made templates for various truss types
and that does not require having "manually" define nodes, members,
boundary conditions, loads, AISC design check criteria (i.e. unbraced
lengths).  Bascially, we would like something that requires easier input
than a standard structural analysis/design package.

Thanks,

Scott Maxwell, PE, SE