Re: Truss computer program

I just did a box truss design, for a highway bridge cantilever support
structure, using VisualAnalysis. Though it was my first time using the program,
it worked quite well! (Thanks in part to the help I got from the good folks at
IES via the new IESUG support list--mailto:iesug-request(--nospam--at)polhemus.cc--shameless
plug!)

I do agree that there are "special" considerations with trusses, esp. since they
tend to use more "unusual" structural shapes. Mine was made up of structural
angles, which VisualDesign does not YET handle the special case for--that's
coming up in VisualDesign 4 this September (or so).

But I agree that a general purpose structural analysis program SHOULD be all you
need.