From: Scott E Maxwell [mailto:smaxwell(--nospam--at)engin.umich.edu]
Sent: Friday, July 14, 2000 9:01 AM
To: seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org
Subject: Re: Truss computer program

I agree that using a standard analysis package is the way to go, but some
people in this would want everything on a silver platter.

I just use standard analysis packages, but I was asked by others to see if
a truss program was available.  Not that I do trusses too often myself
anyway.

Thanks,

Scott Maxwell, PE, SE

On Thu, 13 Jul 2000, Bill Polhemus wrote:

> I just did a box truss design, for a highway bridge cantilever support
> structure, using VisualAnalysis. Though it was my first time using the
program,
> it worked quite well! (Thanks in part to the help I got from the good
folks at
> IES via the new IESUG support
list--mailto:iesug-request(--nospam--at)polhemus.cc--shameless
> plug!)
>
> I do agree that there are "special" considerations with trusses, esp.
since they