Re: Hor. Shear Distribution

I don't don't use torsion to reduce direct shears
I use 40 x 40= 1600
And I don't through an elaborate exercise such as Keylat's to account for accidental torsion.  At each floor I use 5% of the diaphragm dimension x the load and call it good enough.  It seems like an ignorance factor, not a physical force that needs to be manipulated from floor to floor.  It seems like Johnny's programing time would have been better spent in doing a more rigorous job on the calculation of shearwall stiffness.
Anyway, that's my $.02 worth
Chuck Utzman, P.E..