Wood screws to metal main member

The NDS equations for screws do not apply to a case where a wood side member
(a nailer, for instance) is being attached to a steel main member such as a
tube truss chord. In this case a self-tapping or self-drilling screw is used
from the top of the nailer into the tube.

The NDS equations for screws only apply where the main member is wood. This
is not the case for double shear bolts that can have a metal main member.

Is anyone aware of testing or other data for this case. We are not
interested in sheet metal, only 1/8" or thicker A36 or A500 (or other HSS
material).

Mark E. Deardorff, SE
Deardorff & Deardorff, Inc.
Ramona, CA 92065