Re: Input with regard to section 1633.2.4

In a message dated 7/17/2000 8:08:02 PM Pacific Daylight Time,
fduarte(--nospam--at)LEASUNG.COM writes:

<< 1633.2.4 "Deformation Comparability" I need to check the elemenst
 and their connections to adequate maintain support of design dead load and
 live load.
 so what exactly does that mean? for example,
 for the beam, I have gravity load and what? >>

You need to check the columns for P-Delta effects due to the inelastic
deformation of the roof diaphragm. In other words, your columns should be
checked for combined axial load and bending due to displacement equal to
Delta-sub-M.

Regards,

Oshin Tosounian, S.E.
Los Angeles, CA