Re: Flag pole footing

"George Richards, P.E." wrote:

> I am looking for a computer program that will analysis a pier in soil for
> lateral loads.  Something like the flag pole equation in the UBC but that
> can take into account the stiffness of the soil with respect to the
> stiffness of the pier.  Something along the lines of the charts in the
> NAVFAC book or the Fortran program in Bowers book but pre-packaged and ready
> to eat.

I don't know anything first hand, but some of the analysis/design
packages I've seen in Modern Steel Construction might include such
analysis--but along with all of the other capabilities.  I have a FEA
suite (COSMOS/M) that I use for varying conditions/loads/structures, and
just use ye olde table lookup for the simple stuff.

Bart Kemper, P.E.