RE: Steel Beam Reinforcing

Why not weld a WT to the bottom flange?

It can significantly increase the moment of inertia/section modulus for a
modest
cost expenditure

(i'm assuming that you have adequate depth/headroom/clearance to do this)

The WT need only run in the area of overstress plus the depth of
the beam, analagous to a cover plate.

Are the end connections adequate?

Rebar welding to mild steel is tough.

good luck,