	Channels will work.  If you allow room for welding.

> 2. Any better suggestions?
	I generally try to just weld reinforcing in the form of a plate or a
WT on the bottom flange only  (if you have the head room).  The welding is
easier and there are fewer welds.

> 3. Any Internet sites or literature that deals with this?
	Not that I am aware of except for Ray Tides stuff on WJE's site.
http://www.wje.com/services/  Check out their site "Available Articles".  If
it is not there they will get it for you.

> 4. Should I design the channel stitch welding for only the moment I expect
> channels to carry
	I like to design the reinforcing for its capacity.  I use several
inches of continuous weld at each end and stitch the rest.

> 5. Will rebar really work?
	Given enough time and money, you can make anything work, but it is
not practical.  I would avoid rebar like left over fish.  The deformations
make a consistent size flare weld very difficult.  You have to put down much
more weld than you need for strength just to fill the gaps.  Then you have a
weldability issue.  Weldable rebar is not all that common.  You can get it,
but it is not exactly off the shelf.  If you don't get weldable rebar and
require pre-heat, it is difficult to maintain the pre-heat, and the amount
of pre-heat is a function of the CE of the bar as determined by the mill
test report.