Re: Steel Beam Reinforcing

Jim,

Could you explain further how the MQ/I is used to determine end welds?  I
am having an internal conflict with the units and it is the first time I
have seen that way of doing the end welds.  M in k-in, Q in in^3, and I
in^4.  This results in kips...do you then determine size and length of
weld to "resist" this load?  Maybe I am just showing my ignorance.

Thanks,

Scott Maxwell, PE, SE