special moment frame

I have a project where the lateral system consists of moment frames located
in the city of L.A. (frame required due to large expanses of glass). The roof
is wood framed and in all other aspects I would use an ordinary moment frame,
but there is a planter load over approximately 1/4 of the area of the roof
with an added dead load of 150 psf over this area (Almost entirely over the
frame lines).  The code for city of L.A. seems to allow an ordinary frame
only for cases where dead load is less than 15 psf - so a special frame seems
required.  Are there standard published data for cyclic test results for
frames or do I need to have a mock up constructed?
Also, in the design of ordinary frames, where the AISC provisions require
designing for the maximum moment that can be delivered by the system, is the
seismic part of the load based on UBC equation 30-4, 30-5, or 30-11 (section
1630.2)
Thanks
Paul Franceschi S.E.