RE: Steel Beam Reinforcing

Harold,

>>If you can work without air conditioning in 108 degree weather, I am
impressed.<<

It's a dry heat. <G>  (Really, the humidity was 9 percent at 6:00p.m.)
Fortunately my office is in a 6 unit strip office/retail center and I have 2
units to the west and 3 units to the east so the only way for heat to enter
is thru the roof.  The temperature did get up to 90 deg. in the office so I
left a little early.  (And, frankly, I'm bushed!)  Air conditioner needs a
new compressor so it's going to be $2K in 2K for that!

>>I think that you will find Tide's work very interesting.  I have spoken with
him on a few occasions.  He is a wealth of information when it comes to
reinforcing existing structural steel.

He is the master, I am still a grasshopper.  I have also discussed this with
Omer Blodgett (another master).  One of these days, I should publish this
compilation of miscellaneous stuff.<<

Blodgett, I agree, is a master, and I will take your word that Tide is also.
Unfortunately, there are too few grasshoppers, or people that realize that
they are grasshoppers, around.

A. Roger Turk, P.E.(Structural)
Tucson, Arizona