Re: Input with regard to section 1633.2.4

In a message dated 7/18/2000 5:37:05 PM Pacific Daylight Time,
Bill(--nospam--at)AllenDesigns.com writes:

> I'm glad that someone (with credibility) finally jumped up and said it.
>
>  Thank you, Ben.
>
>  Regards,
>
>  Bill Allen, S.E. (CA #2607)
>  ALLEN DESIGNS
>  Laguna Niguel, CA
>  http://www.AllenDesigns.com

Do you mean you are of the opinion that simple columns have to be fixed at
the base in order to satisfy section 1633.2.4?

If so, what about all those buildings with interior columns supporting
gravity loads only? Do they have to be fixed at the base? How about wood
posts in Type-V construction? do they have to be fixed? I haven't seen one
yet.

Oshin Tosounian, S.E.
Los Angeles, CA