RE: Input with regard to section 1633.2.4

Oshin-

No, of course not.

What I was agreeing with Ben about was that, when considering P-Delta
effects, you should be able to ignore interior, pin-pin columns because no
moments are induced into these columns. Of course, you super-analytical
folks would probably say that there would be axial stresses involved
because, as the building deflects the column tries to stretch. But, I
believe this force would be only to relieve the DL stresses and would be
conservative to ignore.

My two cents,

Bill Allen, S.E. (CA #2607)
ALLEN DESIGNS