Roof Framing, Joist Spacing...Input please

Hi,

I have recently taken a radical approach in designing roof framing for
several buildings that will be advertised in the same time frame. I am
spacing the joists twice the usual 4 to 5 feet. Cleaner roof framing for
these buildings was in general a driving factor for my approach. I have had
to specify the N type roof decking to support the extra span, and my
architects don't mind the extra span's possible influence on the ceiling of
the building. Have I overlooked something? Except for the ceiling and larger
metal decking, what do you thing are the potential pitfalls of spacing roof
joists at 8 or 9 feet on centers. We have no snow load problems in this
area.

I appreciate your thoughts and the sharing of your experiences.

Ghassem Khosrownia