RE: Steel Beam Reinforcing

Are you saying that if you have a steel beam that is stressed way above 36 ksi
(assume Fy=36 ksi) and you add a steel plate or whatever, and no stress relief
is provided, and say no future loads are applied, the steel beam will somehow
know to share the existing load?
But I don't buy it, and I wouldn't stake my P.E. on it.

Regards,

Nick.

"Brian K. Smith" <smithegr(--nospam--at)bellsouth.net> on 07/20/2000 01:12:45 PM