RE: ASCE 7-95 question...

I talked to someone at Texas Tech about this.  He agreed that the values
for Figure 6-4 don't make sense for a flat roof.  He offered the same
suggestions that you did (and that I had decided to do anyway prior to
talking to him)...use the method for all building heights which uses
Figure 6-3.

He did have an explanation as to why the odd values.  Apparently, the wind
tunnels tests done for Figure 6-4 were done on a gabled roof (i.e. NOT
flat).  The values were intended to be used for just gabled roof
structures but ultimately the decision was decided to use it for all
situations (not just gabled roofs).  This incosistancy was not "adjusted".

Scott Maxwell, PE, SE