RE: Roof Framing, Joist Spacing...Input please

You are correct.  FM does not list 3" roof deck.

Factory Mutual will address deviations from the cookbook on a case by case
basis.  It is not like UL where there are no exceptions unless you pay the
money, wait 6 months, and get the test.

If it is an FM roof, you should call FM and get their input while in the
design stage.

Regards,
Harold Sprague