RE: Roof Framing, Joist Spacing...Input please

I don't believe the Steel Deck Institute limits deck span to 5'-0".  The
literature I have (several years old) says you can span up to 9'-1" with
type "B", 18 gauge.  If rigid insulation is adhered to the metal deck, it
may break free from the deflected deck, but the deck would meet SDI
deflection criteria.

Roger Davis
SDS Architects, Inc
205 N. Dewey Street