RE: Roof Framing, Joist Spacing...Input

Regarding the SDI limit of  5'-0" on 1 1/2" deck.

I can not find this limitation in my copy of the 1995 SDI.  The table titled
"Recommended Maximum Spans for Construction and Maintenance Loads Standard
for 1 1/2" and 3" Roof Deck" on page 31 show maximum deck spans of 8'-10"
for 1 1/2" WR 18 for 2 or more spans.  The table is similar in the 1981 SDI.

Regards,
Harold Sprague