Re: Roof Framing, Joist Spacing...Input please

I am not sure where you got the maximum span per SDI is 5'-0".  I admit I
don't have the actual SDI criteria in front of me (i.e. an actual SDI
publication).  However, both the Vulcraft and United Steel Deck catalogs
that I have list maximum spans for 1 1/2" deck of more than 5'-0".  The
maximum span varies based upon deck gauge and whether it is a single or
multiple span.

Scott Maxwell, PE, SE