Re: Steel Beam Reinforcing

I thought that the initial member was around 40 overstressed, I don't know if
that included the design loads or only truly existing loads. My point in all of
this, if you are reinforcing a steel member, the newly composite member will
share load ONLY for future loading, not for existing loads. From some of the
recent memos there appears to be a camp of structural engineers that think
plasticity will come to the rescue. Maybe, then maybe not. If so then why even
bother with reinforcing...........

Regards,

Nick.

"Domenic DeAngelo" <domdean(--nospam--at)mediaone.net> on 07/20/2000 07:55:15 PM