From: Michael Zaitz [mailto:mzaitz(--nospam--at)hgbd.com]
Sent: Friday, July 21, 2000 9:21 AM
To: seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org
Subject: Basketball Goals (again)

It seems that no replies came for this.  Randy sent me a direct email because the
list server did not get his reply.  Please resend any comments any of y'all had.

Mike

Hello

I have a basketball goal that is to hang from my roof trusses.  What is the
typical load due to a basketball goal?  What is the load combination?  I was
thinking of adding a 2,000 lbs. concentrated load due to the goal, supports and
impact and adding with the D+L.  I have not received anything from the
manufacturer on it as of yet and I am trying to get a feel as to the impact on
my
trusses.

TIA

Mike