RE: Definition of A sub B in Rho evaluation

Ahah!

You left out the 10/Lw modification in the 100x100 building =8O

Seriously, while you have several variables to deal with I think the
original point is that, if you have two buildings with identical lengths of
shear wall and idential seismic mass (remember, although I know that's
difficult, that the original issue was whether the overhang eaves were to be
considered when calculating Ab), since Ab is in the denominator, I agree
that a larger Ab is conservative.

Recall the original problem with Ab=1600 SF or Ab=1936 SF. If r-sub-max=0.5,
then

for Ab=1600 SF, rho=1.00.

for Ab=1936 SF, rho=1.09.

Regards,