Re: Roof Framing, Joist Spacing...Input please

I will say again that I am not sure where you are getting the 5'-0" limit.
The product catalogs DO list SDI maximum spans in their load tables and
those values are basically ALL larger than 5'-0".

Now, Factory Mutual DOES limit 1 1/2" deck to about 6'-0" to 6'-6"
(depends on gage of deck).  Therefore, if the building is to be insured by
a company that requires compliance with FM criteria, then the SDI max
spans of more than 6'-6" are irrelevant.

Scott Maxwell, PE, SE