Re: Roof Framing, Joist Spacing...Input please

    <<  I believe that the table that you are looking at ("Recommended
Maximum Spans for Construction and Maintenance Loads Standard for 1 1/2" and
3"Roof Deck") is for loads during construction to prevent damage.  I
certainly could be wrong.  >>

You could very well be right on the money.  I note that stress is limited to
26ksi, deflections to L/240 with a 200 pound (man?) concentrated load at mid
span on a 12 inch wide section of deck.  I find the double criteria a bit
confusing.  I would guess that the published maximum spans would be similar
to a metal building roof panel wherein workers can only walk on top of the
supporting roof purlins.  One cannot help but wonder how the roofing
materials are applied in some of these instances.

Thanks for your thoughts on this matter.

Jimmy  C.......(hisself)