Re: light gauge design program

Several of the "general" analysis packages have added cold formed
design/checks or will shortly.  RAM Advanse has it.  I believe that Visual
Analysis can do cold formed.  RISA is planning on adding it.  Keep in mind
that most if not all of them (I know RAM Advanse for sure) will require
you to "build" the cross section.  This is because most (all?)
manufacturers of cold formed members use proprietary (sp?) shapes.

There are a couple stand alone programs as well.  This subject was
discussed a few months ago.  You can go to the SEAINT web site and look
through the archieves.

Scott Maxwell, PE, SE