cable x-bracing[Subject Prev][Subject Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next]
- To: <seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org>
- Subject: cable x-bracing
- From: "Mark D. Baker" <shake4bake(--nospam--at)earthlink.net>
- Date: Tue, 25 Jul 2000 16:12:40 -0700
I would like to use aircraft cable for vertical cross bracing to take seismic loads at the outermost edge of a residential deck.
The deck is supported at this edge by a 6x12 beam carried by 6x6 posts. The x-bracing would of course occur between the 6x6 posts.
Any comments on how the 97 code will impact this design?
- Prev by Subject: CA Seismic Safety Commission Publications on-line
- Next by Subject: Re: cable x-bracing
- Previous by thread: Re: [Q]: Seismic Design Provisions for Scaffolding ...
- Next by thread: Re: cable x-bracing