Dimensioning

Hello,

I was wondering if there is any standard for dimensioning on a plan sheet.  We
have loadbearing CMU walls with brick veneer.  The brick veneer corbels out 1"
at two locations up the wall.  The architectural plans are dimensioned at the
narrowest point of the building (above the corbels) which is 2'-8" AFF. All I am
really concerned with is the CMU as the brick is a veneer.  How do others handle
the dimensioning of the foundation and steel plans for this case.  I am thinking
of dimensioning inside of CMU wall to inside of CMU wall and then referring to
the Arch. drawings for the wall thicknesses.  Any comments?  Are there any books
on drafting standards related to structural engineering?

TIA

Mike