From: Michael Zaitz [mailto:mzaitz(--nospam--at)hgbd.com]
Sent: Wednesday, July 26, 2000 9:30 AM
To: seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org
Subject: Dimensioning

Hello,

I was wondering if there is any standard for dimensioning on a plan
sheet.  We
have loadbearing CMU walls with brick veneer.  The brick veneer corbels
out 1"
at two locations up the wall.  The architectural plans are dimensioned
at the
narrowest point of the building (above the corbels) which is 2'-8" AFF.
All I am
really concerned with is the CMU as the brick is a veneer.  How do
others handle
the dimensioning of the foundation and steel plans for this case.  I am
thinking
of dimensioning inside of CMU wall to inside of CMU wall and then
referring to
the Arch. drawings for the wall thicknesses.  Any comments?  Are there
any books
on drafting standards related to structural engineering?

TIA

Mike