SEAOC Convention Hotel Update

I am passing along information from the chair of the SEAOC Convention (Janiele
Maffei):

The Hotelier Union in Vancouver has negotiated a contract with the hotels.  The
union recommends a yes vote on Friday.  We should know the results of the vote
by 8 PM on Friday.  The Westin has not been making reservations outside of our
convention block due to the strike.  People who have had difficulty making
reservations at the Westin should call early next week to confirm the dates of
their stay.  People should be able to lengthen their stay if they were not
allowed to reserve a room during the strike.  If people have delayed registering
for the convention due to the strike, we would appreciate it if they would get
their registration in so we can make an accurate count.