Re: Steel Modulus and Strength

>40 years ago when I was in school, E for steel was 30,000 ksi.
The digital age--ya gotta love it. The personal computer has a whole
generation believing that double precision FORTRAN and 14 significant
figure spreadsheet arithmetic eliminated the real world's little
ambiguities.

>Any concept that gives the "right answers" is valid, even it the
>concept is "wrong."
Right answers for the wrong reasons aren't answers, they're lucky
coincidences, like rolling boxcars 5 times in a row. Sometimes your luck
holds--eventually you crap out.

http://www.skypoint.com/~chrisw