RE: connection of walls to diaphragm, CMU and Hollow Core Plank c onstruction

Ghassem,

I believe that you are correct.  The only thing that the hooks or bent bar
can do is develop the tensile force of the bar allowing the out of plane
strength to be predicated on dowel action.

You can also accomplish the same goal by using Lenton Terminators on the
ends of rebar dowels.

Regards,
Harold Sprague