Re: cable x-bracing

Jim,

I don't know much about the test.  I am pretty sure that the braces you
saw are part of the testing rig, or some such thing.  They were not
attached to the structure, and did not assist the structure's
performance in any way.  Lateral loads were taken out by stucco shear
walls only.  This is my recollection.

Jeff Coronado, S.E.
West Covina, CA