Re: Railroad loading reference

AREA has a loading diagram at the beginning of each section.  Cooper 80 is I remember right.  Anyway AREA publishes there codes as separate entities where one can only possess the steel portion of the code and the recommended loading will be published at the beginning.  Anyway, send me your FAX number and I will send you a copy.

David A. Hall, S.E., P.E.
Senior Structural Engineer
David Evans and Associates, Inc.
2828 SW Corbett Ave
Portland, OR 97201
503-499-0280
Fax 503-223-2701
E-Mail dahl(--nospam--at)deainc.com

>>> Mark.A.Jones(--nospam--at)jacobs.com 07/27/00 07:28AM >>>

Project: Unloading pit/tunnel under a railroad car.  The RR will cross about
10 feet of the pit.

I'm thinking to design this as a one-way slab but I need a reference for RR
the AASHTO specification for highway bridges but haven't found a reference
for railway bridges.  Anyone know a good reference? Does AREA have a
website?

Related Question:  I was thinking of designing the pit wall like a retaining
wall with a large overpressure.  Any comments?

TIA,
Mark Jones