Re: way off topic - Where oh where has my eraser gone?

Ken -

Berol used to make a SPEEDERASE "eraser pen" (Part # QE-103)
similar to what you describe.  It's a white more-or-less
pencil-shaped barrel with a swelling at the grip end. You push
on the top and get eraser out the bottom.  It grips the eraser at
the base, but the eraser cylinder tends to tear if you rub too hard.

Haven't bought one in over 6 years and I haven't seen the refills
recently. It does, however, take the squeeze-spot eraser cylinders,
if you break off the little mounting nubbin (you'll know what I'm
talking about if you use the squeeze-type eraser barrel).

HTH,

Charley
--
Charles Hamilton, EIT                   Graduate Student Researcher
University of California, Irvine        Email: chamilto(--nospam--at)eng.uci.edu