Offshore Design

I have periodically received emails from companies in India and Pakistan wanting to help us with the design.  I am aware of quite a few CAD organizations which send their work abroad to get it done at a cheaper and faster rate.  Ofcourse India is now know for it computer programmers.  A popular structural software package (STAAD) is supposed to be developed in India.  I have even read that most doctors now use services abroad for voice to text conversion

I am trying to open up this topic about open market design with a few questions:
1.  How many companies are actually letting their projects developed aborad?
2.  How good is the design  - especially with differences in codes and system of units?
3.  How good are their prices?

---
- Crazy Al, P.E.