Re: Glass Railing

The UBC Standard, 91 or 88 had a table about the modulus of rupture for
glass when exposed to a 20 minute load of 16000 psi.  You need to factor
your loads with a factor of 4 as was required in the  old code.  Then just
treat it like a beam element with fb=M/s.
Hope this help.  I don't have the reference at hand now.

Samir Ghosn, P.E
Harris & Associates
(949) 655-3900 XT 360