Re: cable x-bracing

I believe that the wire that you saw was part of the instrumentation of the
test structure.

Mark Gilligan

>A few weeks ago, on the national news, I saw a test of a 2  story wood
framed house undergoing a simulated earthquake in a lab. I couldn't help
but notice that the structure had several bays of x-bracing (rods or
cables) on the outside. The structure seemed to perform well, but the
media gave very little information on it. I believe it was done in
California.
<