Re: Glass Railing

The manufacturer of the glass *should* be able to provide properties.

I got involved in vertical sections of tempered glass (display windows)
inside a shopping mall some years ago.  I was amazed at how *strong*
tempered glass could be.

A cautionary note...  I had to call-for a thicker section than originally
proposed -- for deflection, not strength.  We recognized that someone
pushing on one section of glass could deflect the panel far enough to leave
a finger-width gap at the adjacent panel -- 'Just the thing for amputating
small fingers.

Your span is relatively small and, offhand, the thickness seems okay.  When
you crunch the numbers tho', you don't want to overlook deflection(s).

Fountain E. Conner, P.E.
Gulf Breeze, Fl. 32561