Re: Release of Calcs.

I have a question...several of these message have talked about how the
calculations have not been "...edited for clarity..." and so forth.  If
those calculations are being submitted to the code official, how would the
code official review the calculations if they are not "clear" (assuming
that they are reviewed)?  I will certainly admit that it probably is not
much of an issue around here since I doubt code officials in this area
even crack open the submitted calculations.  I try to do my calcs so that
15 years down the line someone else can read them and understand what I
did.  I admit that no matter how hard you try to do that, it may not
always be successfully done.

I do understand why you may not want to supply the calcs to a "lay"
person.  It is the same reason why some doctors don't want you "snooping"
around your own medical file without them present...so that they can
explain things the you might not understand and otherwise gain the wrong
impression and worry about.

Just some of my thoughts...

Scott Maxwell, PE, SE