RE: Offshore Design

About the only comments I have regarding this topic is that we are not
clothes manufacturers, we don't make shoes, and we don't manufacture
furniture.  We offer a service, PROFESSIONAL ENGINEERING.  Our duty, as
outlined in the 11 or so states I am registered in is ".... to uphold the
public safety and welfare."  Of course along the way we would like to make
enough money to support our families and live comfortably.  But how can you
do this if you are going to broker the design for someone else.  How will
you be responsible?  Will you sign and seal the documents or let someone you
cannot see and have never met do this for you?  How can you justify to
yourself that you have met the criteria of direct responsibilty?  What is to
stop your client from hiring them directly?  This type of practice is in my
opinion both UNETHICAL and UNAMERICAN.

Brian K. Smith, P.E.
Louisiana