Re: Glass Railing

Brad,

Every project I have been involved with of this nature, I throw that
responsibility back at the glass supplier.  The supplier, architect, and
us coordinate based on the lateral load resistance required, the desired
configuration and spacing of supports, and desired type of glass, the
final support spacing and type of glass.  We design the glass supports.
The glass itself is the glass guy's responsibility.  They each have
charts for there different products telling them how far they can span
for different out-of-plane forces and wether supports are in one
direction or two.  This is empirical.  I don't see how you can run calcs
on glass and be willing to stamp it.

Jeff Coronado, S.E.
West Covina, CA