RE: Release of Calcs.

I agree with Jeff on this issue with this additional thought. The only time a
Structural Engineer should not do a complete number crunch is when he/she is so
sure of themselves they would bet the life of there family on the outcome.  We
should all strive to have calculations which can be followed by our peers.
 Acie Chance

Nels,

I am surprised to even see that you and so many others would have an
issue with allowing the client to have a copy of the calcs.

If the S.E. has to charge a few more hours beyond what they would
normally charge in order to produce a quality set of calcs,  I think it
is in everybody's long term interest.  I can't see the extra fee being
the cause of losing the project.

Jeff Coronado, S.E.
West Covina, CA