J series joists

Can any one provide me with web member spacing for J series joists (i.e.
panel point distances)?  I have some existing J series joist (8" and 12"
deep) that are in a building with a 11'-3" floor to floor height and a
desired ceiling height of 9'-0" in a space to be renovated.  Obviously,
the mechanical engineer is having a hell of a time routing some duct work
throught this area.  He is going to try running it through the
joists...thus, I need to know size of the web "openings" so that he can
determine the size of duct that he can fit.

Thanks,

Scott Maxwell, PE, SE