RE: Release of Calcs.

I am surprised to even see that you and so many others would have an
issue with allowing the client to have a copy of the calcs.  I have
never thought twice about it.

I don't know if I missed this point or not, but isn't this issue usually
defined in the services contract between the engineer and the client.  I
would think most contracts point out specifically what is released by the
engineer to the client, and its purpose.

If the client is paying for engineering services, to me, it would be unclear
if this includes copies of calculations.  If it is unclear, perhaps it
should be clarified in the agreement.

Bart Needham, SE