Re: Offshore Design

I am a Pakistan based Engineer and we routinely do overseas jobs on
sub-let.  The books and codes we use are always as required by the
clients.  I have used BS concrete and steel code as well as ACI, AISD
and AASHTO-LRFD.  You may be surprised there are no local governing
codes in Pakistan (there are in India) and out of convenience we try to
stick to the UBC.  You just have to include refrences to codes you are
using in the preamble of your calculations.

I am trying to shift to IBC-2000, and hopefully I'll be there before
most US consultants and jurisdictions.

We are often asked to turn over the design calculations for checking
abroad as we are not licensed to work in those countries and a locally
licensed engineer wouldn't sign our drawings if he can't see the
calculations.  I hope this is not un-ethical.

Masroor