Re: client wants our spread sheet

Ken -

Well, if you bought a special-purpose analysis program for a job,
the client couldn't very well demand that of you unless that was
in the contract.  Are you required to give the engineer your
spreadsheet by the contract, or just copies of the calcs (and pertinent
formulas)?

Not that I am a highly experienced engineer, but when I have done
calcs for a firm as an engineering consultant (not as a "consulting engineer"!),
even though a PE oversaw everything I did, the electronic
tools (Mathcad worksheets, Multiframe models, etc) I bought/developed remained
mine.  They got PDF copies of the Mathcad sheets and
Multiframe output (where pertinent), as well as paper copy.  I,
however, put that in my contract explicitly, so....

HTH,

Charley
--
Charles Hamilton, EIT                   Graduate Student Researcher
University of California, Irvine        Email: chamilto(--nospam--at)eng.uci.edu