Re: Release of Calcs.

I have a few clients who demand copies of calcs.  Public sector work such as
state agencies normally require copies.  The Dept. of Energy makes a big point
of keeping them as a part of the facility documentation.  When they ask, I
provide.

I have also been on the other side, when in the course of designing
modifications to a building the client has with great pride provided copies of
the calculations.  Sometimes very old and interesting.  However, I have found
that the only thing that is useful is to see if I can find what criteria was
used - what live load, wind loads, seismic factors, etc.  Otherwise, I just
ignore them, it's safer and easier just to base my designs on drawings and field
observations.
regards,
Martin