Re: Release of Calcs.

'No surprises here.  Several years ago I was doing structural checking for
the county.  A contractor came in with a sketch for a sign permit.  The
sketch had an old stamp (not embossed) and the title block and dimensions
had been obviously changed.  The sign (timber-supported) wouldn't come
close to calculating.

The fun part was that the engineer who designed the original sign was (at
that time) working for the county.  I walked around the corner, showed the
permit drawing to him, and he hit the ceiling.

There's no telling how many sign permits the contractor had pulled with
that one sketch.  'Far as I know he still may be pulling permits with the
same sketch.

I'm not sure it's grammatically correct to use the word "ethical" in the
same sentence with small contractor, attorney, polititian, exporter of our
nation's industry, etc., in the same sentence.

I love this work.  I expect to either be murdered, or die broke.  In either
case, I win!

Fountain E. Conner, P.E.
Gulf Breeze, Fl. 32561